(updates on the kids are below)
- Birth Date: 12/21/1961
- Place of birth: Attleboro, Massachusetts
- DACBSP, Diplomate of the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians (#167); January 14, 2004
- Program; completed June 1998 North Western Chiropractic College
- DC, Doctor of Chiropractic; March 17, 1990; Western States Chiropractic College; Portland, OR
- BS, Bachelor of Science; May 25, 1985; University of Massachusetts; Amherst, Massachusetts
- Major: Physical Education Focus: Exercise Science
- American Chiropractic Rehabilitation Board Certification Level 1, 2 and 3, 2006
- ART Biomechanics certified 2004
- Active Release Techniques: Certification, Spine, Upper and Lower Extremities, 2002-present
- Graston Certified Provider: 2002 to present
- Chairperson, Written Exam Committee; American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians, since 2005
- Ethics Committee; American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians, since 2003
- American Chiropractic Association (ACA); 2001 to present
- ACA Council on Sports Injuries & Physical Fitness; 2001 to present
- United States Sports Chiropractic Federation; 2001 to present
- Washington State Chiropractic Association (WSCA); 1997 to present
- WSCA Sports Council; 1997 to present
- National Strength & Conditioning Association; 2001 to 2008
- Doyle FM. Review of the Windmill Pitch: Biomechanics and Injuries. J Chiropr Med 2004; 3:53-62
- Sole Proprietor as Chiropractor; November 1, 1994 to present
- Exam Doctor/ Chiropractor; May1991thru October 1994 South Hill Chiropractic; Puyallup, WA
- Exam Doctor/ Chiropractor; May 1990 thru April 1991 Homer Chiropractic; Vancouver, WA
- Rat City Roller, Seattle WA 2006-2007; Volunteer Chiropractor
- Bumperbout 2006; Seattle WA; Volunteer Chiropractor
- Dockyard Derby Dames, Tacoma WA 2006; Volunteer Chiropractor
- Dew Action Sports Tour, Portland, OR August 17-19, 2005; Volunteer Chiropractor
- Ironman @ Tempe, AZ April 6-9, 2005; Volunteer Chiropractor
- US Figure Skating Championships Portland, OR January 2005; Volunteer Chiropractor
- Ironman @ Coeur D'Alene, ID June 24-27, 2004; Volunteer Chiropractor
- Ironman @ Kona, Hawaii; October 14-18, 2003; Volunteer Chiropractor
- Ironman @ Penticton, BC August 21-24, 2003; Volunteer Chiropractor
- Ironman @ Coeur D'Alene, ID June 26-29, 2003; Volunteer Chiropractor
- Seattle Marathon December 1, 2002; Volunteer Doctor, Triage
- Puyallup Hurricanes; 14U Girls' Fastpitch B level; Team Doctor 2002
- Fury Fastpitch; 12U Girls' Fastpitch B level; Team Doctor 2001
- Ironman @ Kona, Hawaii; October 1-4, 1998; Volunteer Chiropractor
- American Cancer Society, Puyallup Relay for Life; 2000, 1999, 1997, 1996
- Volunteer Chiropractor, Director of Health Services 1997 and 1996
- Seattle Games; July 3-7, 1997; Volunteer Chiropractor
I was born and raised in Massachusetts and am the 5th of 8 children. I got out to the great northwest by way of the college exchange program from UMASS to the U of O and fell in love with the Oregon Coastline. I enjoy rollerblading and working with athletes. I have 2 young children (puppies) Scout and Gracie that require a lot of attention... and one scaredy cat (Belle).... but more importantly, I have 5 nieces and 4 nephews from my brothers and sisters that live out of state, and miss dearly. Here's a little something about them... and my 3 local nieces and nephews.
Katie is 24 and spent a year in Russia, where she was teaching English. She is now at Harvard in a graduate program... Slavic studies... and also has a street performers permit, so that she can play her bag pipes... she is was married to Jonathan Reul on May 22nd 2010 at the scenic Slater Mill in Pawtucket, RI.
Ryan might be turning 23 next month (July 2010) and just graduated from UMASS at Amherst. He studied environmental architecture.... who knows what he's going to do now...but he wants to leave school and just work, get his hands dirty and work hard. He is also a black belt in Karate.
Eric is 20 and creates music video cartoons which he demos on youtube. He has shown some incredibly creative talent. He also has been playing some bass guitar with a band in town. He did graduate high school June, 2008. Let's see, Eric- is somewhere in Boston.. studying Graphic Design and New Media, he loves it! He has joined a band at school and is having fun playing bass with them. That's about all with Eric.
Kimmie is now 19 and was excited to vote in her first presidential election. She has been to Germany on a high school exchange program for 3 weeks; and was also in China visiting a friend. As I understand it it is an eye opening experience. She is quite versatile, playing volleyball and the clarinet, in addition to being an accomplished watercolor painter.
She got a score of 800 on the Math and Physics portion of the SATs and got early acceptance to the college of her choice, Harvey Mudd, school of Engineering. She began Harvey Mudd last month... I will be sad to have her so far away.
Kim is part of the St. Mary's School team traveling to Washington DC for the national Science Olympiad. Here's her news reel. Shortcut to: http://www.kptv.com/video/16412462/index.html
Rachel will be 18! and just graduated from Cumberland High (RI). She is also an accomplished painter, working mostly in oils. She continues to train in Karate and received her black belt December 2007. She kicked my butt quite thoroughly in a demo when she was 12....she shows no mercy and I have learned my lesson.I am not sure what she will be doing this summer but will be going to University of Rochester (NY) in the fall.
McKenzie will be 15 in September and has been taller than me for quite some time (no Big surprize!). In her own words, "i am interested in egypt...i love studying it. i love music, i am going to take art lessons with my great aunt, joanie. i love to read. i like to travel. i hope to travel around the world. i am a babysitter. i play basketball and soccer . i am also hyper. i forgot something about me thats very important... i love to write. i love writting stories. my story i am writting now is 22 pages so far! " She will be headed out here with her young sister Riley from July 3rd thru the 20th! We can't wait.
Kevin will be 15 in November. He loves the computer, video games and karate. He also has quite the imagination. Oh yeah, did I mention that he likes video games? Kevin is also practicing Karate, when asked if he'd like the opportunity to go a few rounds... he replied, that he does not fight women. Very admirable. He is also quite the guitar player (real and GH).
Riley will be 14 and is doing cheer dance now ... which fits her well. In a recent request for info from her older sister McKenzie... "about riley: she talks a whole lot. she is smiley. she likes tv. she isnt really shy. she likes playing with littlest pet shops. she likes tv. she likes playing with the dogs. we both love animals. she is also hyper. she likes math. she likes spelling. clumsy. favorite color is all. we both like to play outside. always sick. oh ya ps. she just fractured her wrist while bowling... she likes pancakes. : ) we like to dance. riley also helps babysit too. she likes dragonflies. she likes to eat and sleep. thats all we can think of right now....." For her 12th birthday, she got Cake Making Classes... and is excited to do some baking.
Little Cristopher is a recent addition to the family. I heard it through the grapevine, that my oldest sister was able to adopt one of her foster kids! Congratulations Cristopher! He is 9 and is alreead quite the artist... with great attention to detail!
And then there's my other nieces and nephew, that live right here in the state.
Jake is 16 and loves sports. He just got his learners permit... so watch out Olympia!
Missy is 15 and is quiet but crafty. She made a nice scrapbook of me playing Rockband... she really tapped into my inner-rocker. She has quiet the poker face and has beat me at many games of Sequence and Old Maid. Missy also enjoys playing volleyball. For her 15th birthday ... she gets to spend it in Disneyland!! Her new baby pup is Lucy.
Jessie, AKA the Jessinator, is finally 8. She is quite talented at GH and wii; and has recently learned how to do backbends with the kick over. For her 8th birthday.. she asked for "homemade jam"... and she got it... lots of it!